On the day I said yes to the dress, I made three promises to the dress and to myself.
- Stay fit.
- Slim up.
- Better define my muscles.
With a little help from Precision Nutrition and a few of my favorite group fitness classes (Ballet Fit, PiYo, and FIT), I kept that promise. My muscles became more defined than they have ever been and I shed nine pounds in six months. I’m horrible with a measuring tape, so I’m not sure how many inches left my waist.
Most importantly, I could move with ease in my dress, enjoy the day, and our guests.
How to Get and Stay Fit for the Dress (or the jeans):
- Enlist help! Six months before the big day, I was beyond frustrated. After plateauing for months, the scale started moving in the wrong direction. I shared my struggle with Emily at Empowered Wellness. She suggested I give Precision Nutrition a try. I did. Thank goodness! I’m now working with Precision Nutrition Coach Veronica Egan of Just Move Fitness and More on making my nutrition choices even better.
- Share your goals with others. You never know who will help you take your workout to the next level. Once one of my Ballet Fit instructors knew I was getting married and saw the dress I planned to wear, she took seemed to take our back workouts up a notch, especially the week before the wedding.
- Know what you have a proclivity for and embrace it. I love to eat and exercise, so I made exercise a priority. During the month before our wedding, I averaged 15,700 steps per day. Those steps don’t include time spent standing in place lifting weights, or on the ground doing various muscle building exercises. I made good food choices at least 80% of the time. Progress. Not perfection.
- Build those muscles! As a general rule, the more muscles you have the higher your Basal Metabolic Rate will be.
- Get enough sleep. Why? Sleep helps improve self-control and reduces junk food cravings.
Do you have an upcoming event you want to get and/or stay fit for? Or, do you have any tricks for getting and staying slim? Please let me know! You can reach me anytime at firstname.lastname@example.org. Let’s connect! You can find me on Instagram at @40fitnstylish.