I think it’s fun to get a little extra with food whenever a holiday comes around. How about you?
With St. Patrick’s Day approaching I’m having fun playing with shamrock shapes, green food, and traditionally Irish food. I’d like to think that my Shamrock Your Sandwich Sandwich takes Avocado Toast to a new level. I mean, I’ve basically turned avocado toast on its head by making it a sandwich. What might I think of next?!?! Hmmm… Mmmm 🙂 There are a couple of extra steps that do elevate this sandwich from basic.
Shamrock Your Sandwich, Sandwich
- White Bread, toasted. I prefer Dave’s Killer White Organic Bread.
- Spicy Guacamole. I use Sabra’s Spicy Guacamole Singles. They’re basically a staple in our home.
- Pinch of Salt
- Baby Spinach. I like Josie’s Organics.
- Fresh Cilantro.
- Slice cucumber. You will need 4 slices of cucumber per sandwich. Put sliced cucumber into a bowl. Squeeze fresh lemon juice and sprinkle a pinch or two of salt onto the cucumber slices. Set aside.
- Use a 4.4″x4″ metal Shamrock cookie cutter to cut shamrock shapes out of toasted bread slices.
- Spread 1/2 of a spicy Sabra Spicy Guacamole single onto each slice of shamrock shaped toast.
- On half of the toasts, layer baby spinach leaves on top of the guac. Then place four slices of cucumber on top of the spinach leaves.Top the cucumber slices with fresh cilantro.
- Place the guac only toasts on top of the shamrocks layered with veggies, guac side down.
Voila – you’ve got a sandwich worth celebrating. Enjoy!
All products featured on 40 Fit N’ Stylish are independently selected. When you buy something through our retail links, we may earn an affiliate commission.