This pork carnitas recipe may have a long name, but it’s prep time is short. At Casa de ChriMel (Chris and Melissa), we love the layered heat of this recipe. While it may not be for the timid, it’s not melt your face off hot either.
Carnitas de Casa de ChriMel con Chipotle Adobo y Jalapeno Ingredients:
- 1 package Hormel Always Tender Original Pork Loin Filet
- 1 orange
- 1 lime
- 1 lemon
- 1 medium yellow onion or half of a large one
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 jalapenos
- 3.5 ounces can of chipotles in adobo Sauce*
- Cilantro (a handful)
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- 1/2 cup of water
*To be honest, I use about half a 7 ounce can of Chipotles in Adobo Sauce, because it’s been what I’ve had leftover from making NYT’s Vegetarian Tortilla Soup and Martha Stewart’s Lighter Chicken Enchiladas.
Carnitas de Casa de ChriMel con Chipotle Adobo y Jalapeno Directions:
- Set the crockpot to high and place the pork loin filet in the pot.
- Season with salt and pepper on all sides. I use a fork to rotate it while it’s in the crockpot.
- Squeeze the juices of the orange, lime, and lemon into the crockpot.
- Mince the garlic, slice the onions and jalapenos. Then add them all to the crockpot.
- Add cilantro and the chipotles in adobo sauce.
- Pour in half a cup of water, put the lid on it, and walk away.
The last time I made it, I let it cook for 10 hours. It could be done in as few as 7 (I think). I’m a home cook not a professional chef.
Chris loves to use the carnitas in tacos and I love to have them on tortilla chips, making up a plate of nachos for myself. If you decide to give this recipe a try, please let me know how it goes! Send an email to email@example.com, or comment below.
If you dig spice and love wings, check out Chicken Adobo Minnesota Housewife Style.
The following nutrition information was created by entering this recipe into MyFitnessPal and is based on 8 servings. I think we get 8 out of it. Again, I am not a dietitian, medical professional, or food scientist of any kind. I’m just a home cook who enjoys creating recipes.