This is 40 Fit N’ Stylish‘s 100th blog post! Time moves so fast when building a business and managing a home. One of my most cherished parts of blogging is getting to connect with and learn from others. I thought it fitting to share 10 pieces of wisdom I’ve learned while working on 40 Fit N’ Stylish.
Creating the 40 Fit N’ Stylish blog is a wish come true. It isn’t easy, yet it’s absolutely worth it. At this point, many have shared with me how much they enjoy reading it and how they’ve been inspired by different posts. I can’t tell you how great that feels. The last part of the charm necklace says, “Be Brave.” Starting a blogging business does take bravery. I feel like I need it more now than I did at the beginning. Growth is exciting and a little bit scary.
10 Pieces of Wisdom That’ll Never Go Out of Style:
- “Strengthen your glutes. There’s nothing bad that can come from having strong glutes.” – Emily Watkins, Empowered Wellness
- “There is one basic rule for how to conduct yourself that fits any interaction…act as if the entire world is watching, and you cannot fail to do the right thing.” -Lea Berman and Jeremy Bernard, Treating People Well is a Must Read for Leading a Stylish Life (imho).
- “I still wonder what I’ll be when I grow up and I’m 45. I’ve decided to love that about myself. It’s ok to not have it all figured out after 40. Love your amazing self every day. Oh, and wine, never deny yourself a good glass of wine.” – Heather Holmes, Advice on Turning 40
- “There’s certain people who seem full of grace and class and there’s people who are full of sass. More class and less sass.” – Sunday Burquest, A Grit Girl Empowered by Grace: An Interview with Sunday Burquest
- “…it is not uncommon to try a number of different things before your passion becomes clear. Experimentation is the only way to figure it out.” – Martha Stewart, Fit N’ Stylish Reading: The Martha Rules
- “With any decision to move forward, are you using truth?” – Teri Johnson / Marlo Zosel, So I went to a Refine Meeting
- “At the end of the day, your integrity is all you have left. Your integrity should never be something that’s for sale. It comes back to caring about the people you serve.” – Tina Meseck, There’s a New Baker in my Kitchen: Tina Meseck
- “The most attractive thing is confidence. Age, size, anything really. It’s about owning who you are and projecting that out.” – Jennelle Crump-Stemper, Using Fashion to Empower Women at Mainstream Boutique
- “Go in it with all your heart, but don’t get discouraged, because you have to keep searching and finding new avenues in your business.” – Amy Johnson, ‘Tis the Season to Sparkle and Shine: A Conversation with Amy Johnson, Jewelry Designer
- “Stress is a health concern and it trickles down into our relationships, and how we spend our time…We do have to work hard. Do we have to work that hard?” – Josie Schwarz, Denmark Style: Hygge, Hair, and Simplicity
Many thanks to everyone who has taken the time to read about and become part of the 40 Fit N’ Stylish community! There are many posts in the works that I hope you will enjoy and some great opportunities are in the works for the 40 Fit N’ Stylish audience to become more connected and involved. Are there issues or ideas you wish 40 Fit N’ Stylish would cover? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org.